Friday, August 22, 2008

Experiencing God

Well I leave for El Salvador Pastors Retreat on Monday, August 25 and will return August 26. I will be traveling by myself to meet up with approximately 45 pastors! We will be going through Experiencing God together...I have 45 Spanish versions to give out to the pastors.

Last blog entry, I mentioned that we had financial needs for the pastors and we have had an amazing response...approximately $2300 has been given! Wow. Thanks to all have given. In addition to our FCC family giving, Trinity Baptist Church from St. Mary's has also sent a donation. The money that has come in will buy the Experiencing God books, give the pastors scholarships for the retreat, and purchase cots and mattresses for the pastors. We even have some left over to help us with the November retreat.Please pray for the following:
  1. Travel mercies.
  2. My daugther Bethany who begins college on Monday.
  3. My wife Grace and daughter Tori who hold down the homefront.
  4. An ability to communicate with encouragement to these eager pastors.
  5. The churches that each pastor represents.

We hope to finalize our Dec/Jan church-wide trip next week.

I will write more when I return. Thanks for praying...thanks for giving!

For the Kingdom!

No comments: