Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Here I am, send me

Well, I drove to work and was listening to KHis radio and heard my favorite artist...Keith Green. They played the song: Here I am, send me...Here is a portion of the lyrics:

Oh Lord, there's just so much to be done.
Oh Lord, so many souls to be won,
Oh Lord, this world is falling apart,
Dying for love from a broken heart.


Here am I, send me, though there's really not that much I can do.
What I have seems so small, but I want to give it all to you
.

There is so much to be done, and what we have to offer seems small...but He wants it. He wants to use it for a lost and dying world! What is going on in missions this week...there is so much to be done:

  • The chainsaw crews are back and they will probably be back next week! They have helped clear debris from over 70 homes. They need help 'dragging.' If you are interested come to the church each morning around 8:00 am.

  • We have a mission team going to New Orleans to do construction work on FBC, Chalmette, on Sunday. Here is the roster of folks that you can pray for: Scott and Mary Bechtold - FCC; Dan Dickerson - Millersville; Guy Foster -Clarkton; Ron and Jo Ann Hahs; Travis, Melissa, and Zach Hoehne - FCC; Wayne Kiester - Millersville; Mark and Billie Kiester - FCC; Mel Riehn - Millersville; Jaunita Van Dyke - Bethany; Charlene Williams - FCC. Here is Chalmette's website: http://www.fbcchalmette.org/

  • Please pray for Karen Ward as she travels to El Salvador March 3-14, as she brings closure to her missionary experience there.

  • One of our very own FCC students has been in China. If you would like to get missionary updates from Ricky Nyhoff in China, send him an e-mail at rnyhoff@gmail.com and he will add you to his list!

Next week I hope to write about our John 3:16 experience for Easter...For the Kingdom!

Mike

No comments: